Welcome to Wekan Team website !
- 2018-09-07 GitHub repo: 13K stars, 0.6K watchers, 1.8K forks
- 2018-09-07 Snap: 3K active installs
- 2018-09-07 Docker Hub: 4M pulls
- 2017-10-32 Sandstorm: Owners 7.7K, sharedUsers 1.7K, grains 10K
- 2017-09-26 One of largest users: Users: 2.7K Boards: 3.5K Lists: 10K Cards: 21K
About Wekan Team
Supporting Wekan Team
1) Commercial Support
- by xet7.org company, Email [email protected] . Using this means xet7 can do more Wekan work and Wekan has faster progress, sponsors welcome.
- Custom work: 50 euro/h + VAT. VAT at Finland 24%, EU reverse VAT 0% and other countries 0%. VAT is usually not in use at USA. xet7 currently has many customers at EU and USA.
- Work is done by xet7 only. For other developers, please add bounty, so they get it directly.
- Examples of work by xet7:
- Fixing bugs.
- Developing new features.
- Testing and merging new pull requests.
- Releasing new versions of Wekan.
- Installing Wekan to server.
- Installing Wekan update. Recommended way: Automatic updates with Snap.
- About billing of xet7:
- Do not send orders to Eezy billing company, they only do billing. Send orders xet7.org company , email [email protected] . Eezy billing company has many customers, I’m not the only one using their services.
- Official bill is sent from [email protected] email address to your email as PDF attachment (EU and USA), or at Finland alternatively using e-invoicing.
- Each bill is unique with it’s bill number, amount of money, etc details. Use exactly those details. For other new payments, ask xet7 to send new bill, with different exact details.
- If there is anything wrong with the bill, it can be compensated/cancelled, and new correct bill sent.
- Bill is paid with IBAN bank details to Eezy bank account. Eezy billing company that takes care of taxes etc, and sends xet7 remaining money to xet7’s bank account, and official documents as PDF.
- by Vanila company, contact them for details.
- Benefit of using bounties is that when many backers particiapate and bounty rises to over $300, usually then there appears some interested developer that starts to implement it. This has happened many times. There are many developers and companies that are already implementing features for Wekan, as can be seen from Roadmap.
- Any developer in the world can start working for a bounty and start working on it.
- Backer registers to bountysource using some login method. GitHub login does not work, so you could try other methods, or forgot your password option.
- Backer copies GitHub issue URL to bountysource.com search field and setup bounty amount.
- If you are developer, register there as bounty hunter and start start working for a bounty.
- When feature is ready, bounty hunter (developer) adds it as clean pull request to Wekan GitHub repo devel branch, adding comment to @xet7 to pull request that feature is ready for testing.
- Bounty hunter adds required changes to pull request, as can be seen in this excellent example.
- xet7 merges pull request and closes issue
- Bounty hunter claims bounty at Bountysource
- Backer gets notification from Bountysource and accepts feature or bugfix that has been included in Wekan.
No Patreon, because Patreon works like donations. Receiving donations is not allowed
by law in Finland, it would require a lot of paperwork. There is no need to add patreon.
BountySource is working way for many to participate to funding same feature.
3) Community Support
Testimonials about work of xet7
- 2018-03-12: “xet7, you know, Wekan changed my life.
I did not want to go with non-self-hosted solutions,
and Wekan is absolutely what I needed.
We always had endless chats here about tasks.
And now, I can just assign them to people and go home.
I got my life back thanks to Wekan :)” - female Wekan user, Germany
- 2018-03-10: “Amazing. Using it with students to train them scrum project management
in media projects at https://fhv.at” - Roland, Germany,
at Sandstorm Wekan Reviews
- 2017-02-01: “So @xet7 is now a Wekan admin, and he has already merged back the wefork/wekan repository and started to tackle issue triage. It’s so great to have an active maintainer again, warm thank you @xet7.” - Maxime Quandalle, author of Wekan, at GitHub issue
Wekan installs to server
- 2018-05-17 “Thank you very much for the super quick setup of Wekan, SSL and email to my servers!
It was a pleasure working with you, and I’ll definitely be back if I have anymore issues.”
- Brendan, Godchat, Canada
- 2017-10-13: “Thank you for your prompt and fast implementation. Login etc. works well and we can now test Wekan :-)” - Frank Runge, neue maas 11 GmbH, Germany
Linux server work
- 2017-10-16: “Mahtavaa. Kiitos.” - Äli . (In English: Great. Thanks.) “Kiitos!” - Tapio. Kehätieto Oy, Finland